WSHiU SCIENCE WHEELS
A research club is an organization uniting students, operating within a university, whose aim is the scientific and self-education activities of its members.
This is a great way to get involved in the life of the university, but also a unique opportunity that may result in a better grade for classes, but also decide on the award of a research scholarship.
The scope of activity of the Science Club "Safe Poland"
- The "Contemporary Security" Science Club is a voluntary association of students and students of the College of Commerce and Services, whose interests include the issues of broadly understood security, with particular emphasis on its historical, geographic, social, political, economic, legal and military conditions.
- The purpose of the Scientific Circle is to develop the cognitive, analytical and interpretative competences of its members in the field of security and to expand knowledge in this area, also enabling preparation for a more substantive and methodical preparation of bachelor's and master's theses, as well as encouraging them to develop scientific activities after graduation and preparing for professional activity.
- The basic form of the Science Club's activity are seminars and conferences organized by its members for other interested students of WSHiU.
- A complementary form of the Science Club's activity are lectures, meetings with people dealing with security and visits to facilities related to the security of the state and society. Participation in such forms of learning about the practical side of security (visiting museums, learning about the work of police officers, prison service officers, fire brigades, soldiers of the Polish Armed Forces, learning about the work of non-governmental organizations related to activities for the safety and protection of victims of armed operations, e.g. the Polish Red Cross, etc.) is one of the elements popularizing the issue of security at WSHiU.
- Scientific Circles primarily shape the ability to use the available literature in order to learn the correct terminology and define concepts that constitute the basis of multifaceted security issues.
- The research club creates conditions - in terms of the specific interests of female and male students, based on the available literature - for the preparation of works and studies on selected aspects of security.
- The analysis of the existing and developing, as part of shaping new skills, projects of various legal acts in the field of security (primarily at the lowest organizational levels of the state and society) is one of the basic areas of activity of the Science Club.
Students interested in the activities of the Circle may report in person to the supervisor of the Circle.
The guardian of the Safe Poland Scientific Society is Dr. Józef Grzebielucha.
Information on learning about the realities of the work of security services will be given at meetings.
Tourism and Recreation
Young Leaders Science Club.
Dr. Żaneta Polowczyk is the supervisor of the circle, we will soon inform you about the dates of meetings and work of the circle.
English in international business and tourism
1.conducting phone calls and business correspondence,
2. methods of correct quoting books and articles written in English in bachelor's and master's theses,
3.creating research papers on the use of English in business and tourism,
4. development of own interests of the Students of the Scientific Society in the field of Business English in various areas of business activity.